DIY: 5 Cheap Room Decor Ideas!

by - 3/01/2014

I been wanting to do my room for a long time but kept putting it off. My room is probably the most boringest room ever. I basically have a bed, a dresser, a chester, a bookshelf and a computer table. Really boring furniture with nothing on the wall except a wall clock. I keep procrastinating because I don't want to spend money on a room that I'll have to leave eventually when I have a house. It seems like now I won't be moving for a while. So recently I thought I have to do something about this room. After doing some researching, I found some things that I can do without spending too much money and I thought I'd share it. Maybe you're like me and you also want to give your room a make over but don't want to spend too much money.

(I don't own any pictures from this post, click to find the original location of the pictures)

Here are some ideas that I found:

Candles




Adding candles in your room will make your room feel very calm and relaxing. We spend most of our times in our rooms, so after a long day it's always nice to come home and feel relaxed. It can also make you feel warm. If you get scented candles, it's even better since it will set your mood and make your room smell beautiful. It will also make your room look elegant. Candles are very cheap too and can be found in Dollar Store. 

Fairy Lights




 You can add fairy lights on your curtains, around your mirror, around your head board or even just one your wall. This idea is very popular, because it gives your room a very nice lighting and makes the room feel warm and cozy. I have seen a lot of people do this and it looks absolutely beautiful. This can also be found in the Dollar Store. 



Wall Art Using Paper Towel Role/Toilet Paper Role 




I got this idea from watching a few youtube videos. I don't have the link to the exact videos but if you search on youtube you can find how these are made. Basically you just take paper towel roles and cut them into small pieces and glue them like shown on the above picture. Make sure to paint them the colour you want before gluing them together.

Have fun with it and be creative! Add glitters or even a center piece.

 Hang them up where ever you like.

This idea is also very popular because it's so simple and cheap and looks beautiful on the wall.

Butterfly Wall Art



You can find plastic butterflies at the Dollar Store and even on ebay. Just paint them which ever colour that goes well with your room and stick them on your wall.


This is actually my favourite idea. Look how time is flying away.

If you can't find them at the Dollar Store or at ebay, you can get a butterfly hole puncher and some scrapbook paper.

Vase/Pen Holder/Brush Holder/ Candle Holder


You can use this idea for a lot of things. There are lots of jars or even cans lying around in your house. Put them into use! Paint them, add glitters add lace and just be creative with it. You can use it as a vase, pen holder, makeup brush holder, candle holder or even put your office supplies. Here some great ideas: 

Jars as Vase

Add glitter and a ribbon and use it as a candle holder


Use scrapbook paper to cover the jars and use it as makeup brush holder. Make sure to put something in the bottom like salt or marbles or pebble rocks to keep them in place.

These are just some ideas, you can do a lot with these jars. You can save a lot of money and have beautiful room decors

Flower Pot


It's always good to add a touch of nature in your room. Having some small flower pots next to your window will also make your room beautiful. 

These were just some simple and affordable ideas to give your room a make over. I hope this was a little helpful to those who are looking for  some cheap decor ideas. 

Let me know if there are any other affordable ideas that you did to your room. I'd love to know since I'm planing on giving my room a make over, it'd be really helpful. 

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. I've made a few of these already! The butterfly punch-outs from scrapbook paper are SUPER easy and look really cool and the can covering is pretty easy too. Do upload pictures if you do them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for sure! I'm just wait to do some room cleaning before I do anything. I really want to do the butterfly thing but my mum was pointing out how it could be haram since they are imitation of living creatures lol but now i have to do some research on that.

      Delete
  2. I think this will be a treat for my family if a will apply any one of them bedroom design in my room.Because my wife is searching on this for this spring but she is confused and cannot choose.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback!