Find your foundation colour in different brands # 1 (for MAC's NC 40/42)

by - 3/23/2014



Hello my beautiful! Firstly, I apologize for not being consistence with my blogging. As from the title you already know what this post is going to be about. I know I have a lot of trouble trying to find my shade in foundation, especially if I'm doing online shopping or even drugstore shopping where you don't have the option to try it out on yourself before purchase m. My first foundation was from the drugstore when I was 13 from Revlon, but I ended up not using it (that's another story for another time), so I don't really consider this as my "first" foundation. I consider my MAC foundation that I bought when I was 18 to be my real first foundation, because that was when I really started to get in to makeup. I'm a NC 40/42 in MAC's Pro Longwear Foundation and I used that to find my colour in other brands.



I used temptalia's Foundation Matrix and from there I gathered all these foundation colour from brands that are common and well known to me. Since I'm in the colour NC 40/42, I will do only for this shade, so I can also refer back to it whenever I need to instead of searching through millions of different brands from temptalia's Foundation Matrix.



If you don't know your shade from MAC, you can also use any other brands foundation shade that you know to search for other brands (if you go on the website, it's pretty self explanatory) . If you don't know your colour for any foundation, because you're new to foundations then I suggest you go to your local makeup store and ask one of the cosmetician to help you find your colour.


Foundation Shade (for MAC NC 40/42) In Other Brands

(Brand)           (Name of the Foundation/concealer/pressed powder)           (Shade/Colour)

Highend Brands
NARSRadiant Creamy Concealer→Caramel
MACFace and Body→C5
Bobbi BrownSkin SPF 15→Warm Natural (4.5)
Estee LauderDouble Wear Stay-in-Place SPF 10 Liquid Foundation→4W2 Toasty Toffee
DiorAirflash Spray→Dark Beige 500
Kat Von DLock-It Tatoo Concealer→Deep 34
Elizabeth ArdenIntervene SPF 15→Soft Bronze
HourglassImmaculate→Honey
AnastasiaFlawless→Medium
Make Up For EverPro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation→175 Golden Caramel
LORACBreakthrough Performance→SMS 5
Tom Ford BeautyTraceless Foundation→Tawny
Laura MercierSmooth Finish Foundation Powder→17
Sephora10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation→35 Tan Bronze
Make Up For EverHD Invisible Cover→170




Drugstore Brands
BH CosmeticsLiquid Foundation→Deep Beige D4
MaybellineFit Me Liquid Foundation→Honey Beige (320)
Rimmel LondonMatch Perfect Foundation→Bronze
Rimmel LondonWake Me Up Make Up Foundation→Natural Beige
NYXHD Studio Photogenic→Warm Sand
e.l.f.Mineral SPF 15→Tan
InglotLoose→SXL5
Physicians FormulaOrganic wear Natural Origin→Natural to Tan
L'OrealTrue Match Lumi Healthy Luminous→True Beige (N5)


Here I just gathered some popular Highend brand and Drugstore brand foundation/concealer/pressed powder for anyone in the shade NC 40/42 from MAC. I would still say you should go in a store and find the exact colour when buying a Highend product. This is just for my information, so if I'm ever looking to buy any products from these brands I can always take a look and get an idea from here. I hope this was somewhat helpful. Thank you for reading

Let me know if you'd like me to do this for any other shade!

Check out these posts for more foundation match:

MAC PRO-LONG WEAR FOUNDATION NC 30 | HIGH END FOUNDATION

MAC PRO-LONG WEAR FOUNDATION NC 30 | DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd3XrMN4WBRPNmfErR4Uf0Q 

Update May 2019: *Disclaimer - something happened to all my old blog posts that most of my pictures have been deleted, therefore the pictures used on this blog post are not my own.  Click the image for original source. For the sake of the posts I gathered the pictures from the internet since I no longer have these pictures (and products). I'm sorry if i'm referring to my old pictures and the review/post doesn't make sense. I'm sure you can find more info on the product/item on the website. If I'm using you're image and you'd like me to remove it, please let me know via email at lupabee@gmail.com . Thank you!

You May Also Like

95 comments

  1. we're like the same shade! im NC42 in mac so this list is extremely helpful THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome : ) ! I'm glad this was helpful to you.

      Delete
    2. Hi! I am NC 42 Mac Studio fix. I am looking for a Bare Minerals foundation or powder (quick/easy application). Thanks so much for your expertise and assistance!

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much. This was extremely helpful.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I am NC 42 in Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. Can you please suggest me my shade in Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend you try the shade "transparent" in the Rimmel stay matte pressed powder. That is the one I use and it works great. : ) xo

      Delete
    2. I use silky beige 06. Transparent comes off white

      Delete
  3. Hi, if i wear number 26 in Sephora 10-hour wear what would I wear in other brands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lilly, It will really depend on which "other brands" you're interested in using. Each brand has its own foundation shades and formula. If you specify which brand you're looking to get the shade of then I may able to help you. Thanks for commenting : )

      Delete
  4. Hi, if i wear number 26 in Sephora 10-hour wear what would I wear in other brands

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi which revlon foundation is a match. You have only listed a podwer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dionne, some Revlon foundation you can try are: (i) Colorstay Normal/Dry -Natural Tan, Caramel (ii) Nearly Naked Makeup -Caramel, Toast (iii) Photo Ready SPF 20- Golden Beige! Hope this was helpful.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. @Lupa Bee I'm NC42 and checked Revlon Colorstay Natural Tan but it was a bit too pink on me.

      Delete
    4. Revlon 370 toast is perfect to me, im nc42 too

      Delete
  7. I am C5 in Mac studio fix face powder. can you suggest a cheaper brand and shade for me? christine g.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wear MAC Studio Fix NC42, which shade in L'Oreal's Infalliable would be best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, you can try the Classic Tan 109 in the infallible pro matte, this is the closest match to NC 42, make sure you try the sample before purchasing it.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I'll try it and let you know

      Delete
    3. Thank you, I'll try it and let you know

      Delete
  9. Hi there I am a nc 42 mac and a c6 in face and body what would I be in double wear estee lauder and nars liquid foundation please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. For the double wear you can try Honey Bronze 4W1 (this is the one I have). For Nars All Day Luminous Weightless -Barcelona.

      Delete
  10. Hi I'm a c5 for the mac foundation what colour would I be for the rimmel perfect foundation and the bourjois healthy mix serum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi it would be a really great help if you can suggest me foundation from medium range cost. My skin undertone is yellow. And my skin color is medium fair. I am relay facing problem to find the right one for me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi. Can you suggest replacement for Macstudio fix powder NC42 in Bobby Brown, Max Factor, Loreal.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I am NC42 in Mac what Color shade will that be in the L'Oreal pro matte foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I am NC42 in Mac what Color shade will that be in the L'Oreal pro matte foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am NC42 in MAC... What shade would I be for bareMinerals foundation broad spectrum?? I want to try and convert from MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, I am a NC42 in MAC for concealer, what shade for Maybelline Fit Me Concealer would I be? medium, light, fair or sand?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I am the same shade in MAC foundation (studio fix) , what's conclear do you use in MAC and what shade please?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I am the same shade in MAC foundation (studio fix) , what's conclear do you use in MAC and what shade please?

    ReplyDelete
  19. im caramel beige in loreal in falliable what would be my shade in mac foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  20. my shade is caramel beige in loreal infalliable foundation .What would be my shade in mac foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  21. my shade is caramel beige in loreal infalliable foundation .What would be my shade in mac foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi I'm nc42 in Mac what codour stay from revlon foundation would suit me please

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi I'm nc42 in Mac what codour stay from revlon foundation would suit me please

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi I'm an NC 40 mac studio fix. What would be my shade in Lorac foundation? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everyone please refer to temptalia's Foundation Matrix to find shade/colour of brands that are not listed. You can find it here : http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix/

    Thank you
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi I'm shade 06 sand beige in Milan foundation, what shade would I be in fit me foundation by maybelline New York?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi I'm shade 06 sand beige in Milan foundation, what shade would I be in fit me foundation by maybelline New York?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello...M Mac Nc 20..what shade of Maybilline fit me will suit me...also Rimmel stay matte compact

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello,
    Thankyou for all the references..it is so helpful..!!
    I'm using studio fix foundation in NC40..can you suggest me a good blush in Mac or else in some other brands..?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NARS Seduction is beautiful, you should try it. : )

      Delete
  30. I use nc40 mac ...what shade would I use in urban decay all nighter please help

    ReplyDelete
  31. I use nc40 mac ...what shade would I use in urban decay all nighter please help

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi..
    I use honey beige from loreal true match, wat would be my mac shade

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi..
    I use honey beige from loreal true match, wat would be my mac shade

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am in shade NC40 by Mac what shade would i be in maybeline fit me ? Or maybe infallible &' true match ???

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, I wear estee lauder 3w1 tawny. Which urban decay all nighter foundation would match this color?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi I'm a NC44 in MAC, what would i be in BH liquid foundatio?

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm nc42 in Mac what shade would I be in loreal true match

    ReplyDelete
  39. hello i use MAC STUDIO FIX
    NC 42 AND 45 MIXED TOGETHER WHAT SHADE DO YOU THINK I CAN USE WITH NARS FOUNDATION

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi I'm light-medium I'm drug stores, what shade would I be in Lorac?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Omg I can't thank you enough for this list. Great work. Can you also do a list for concealers? Or else can you please tell me which LA Girl concealer will be best for me. That would be really helpful

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hey I use NC 42 in Mac. If I use 310 from Maybelline fit me, will it be ok on my skin tone?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi

    I use a Mac Studio fix C6 and Black Up NFL05 matifuing liquid foundation. Not sure what colour shade I should be using for Milani Cosmetics in powder and foundation

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hey I am a D4 in Covergirl Trublend. What color will I be in MAC Studio Fix Fluid?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I use c6 MAC powder foundation. I never tried putting more makeup on to cake on my face ( if that's what you call it) I want to know what shade concealer do I use and what Liquid foundation would be best for me to use?

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi i use Mac Matchmaster 8.0 can you recommend la girl foundation and concealer for me

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi I use studio fix NC41 what are the cheaper alternatives?

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi I'm an NC42 in Mac Studio Fix Foundation however I'm having a problem, I have been told I am a shade 322 Warm Honey in Maybelline Fit Me Matte& Poreless (Blue) or 240 (Pink) in Dewy... which one matches NC42 better?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi, going crazy here trying to figure out which shade I would be in Laura Mercier Mineral Loose Powder. I am nc40/42 can you please help everyone, I'm desperate lol. This blog is so helpful, amazing work! X

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hey! I use Sephora 10hr wear perfection foundation mat tan 40 honey bronze (Y). Which NYC foundation would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi if i am using maybelline fit me 322 warm honey then which will be my shade in mac?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi if i am using maybelline fit me 322 warm honey then which will be my shade in mac?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi All - I am currently using MUF Mat Velvet + foundation in #35 and looking to find a match with L'Oreal's Infallible Pro Matte foundation. Can anyone suggest what this color would be? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hello, currently I use mac nc40
    I know that color would be in clinique?

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi. I am NC 41 in Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. Can you please suggest me my shade in Maybln fit me foundation

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi I am NW 40 in Mac studio foundation . What Estee Lauder foundation will be perfect for me?

    ReplyDelete
  57. hi I am mac nc40 studiofix powder
    please help me find its equivalent in nyx

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi I was wondering what color foundation for Maybelline fit me would be good for me I wear urban decay all nighter shade 4.5

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi I was wondering what color foundation for Maybelline fit me matte poreless would be good for me I wear urban decay all nighter shade 4.5

    ReplyDelete
  60. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I am c4 in mac what will i be in bare minerals?

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hie I am nc42, can you tell me the best compact for my shade?? Please don't recommend mac,it's way too costly... Also what shade should I buy in pac hd foundation?? Is it 4.0??

    ReplyDelete
  63. I loved this article as I use NC42 by Mac but its expensive to use everyday. Thank you. God bless ❤

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hello! I am an NC40 on mac studio fix, and I am looking for the equivalent on Mineral Fusion Pressed powder. I would really appreciate your help! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  65. interesting ,i love the work very awesome, many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  66. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  67. CBD is on the rundown of a few mixtures called cannabinoids found in the marijuana plant. Many exploration studies have been finished to figure out various helpful purposes of this oil. Click here Master Tuna

    ReplyDelete
  68. Female Up is an oral medicine helpful in treating sensual dysfunction in ladies. The primary part of the medication is Tadalafil 20mg salt.
    Female UP Tablets

    ReplyDelete
  69. Find new and used guns for sale at the largest online gun auction site guntycoons.com . Sell and buy firearms, accessories, collectibles such as handguns

    https://guntycoons.com/product/glock-switch

    ReplyDelete
  70. You have performed a great job on this article. It's exact and highly qualitative. You've managed to make it read강원도able and easy to read. You have some natural writing talent. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  71. I'm genuinely impressed by your writing abilities and the design of your website. Is this a premium theme or did you customize it yourself? In any case, please maintain the high-quality content; it's becoming increasingly rare to come across such outstanding blogs these days.
    blue dream strain

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback!