Revlon Colorbrust Matte Balms Review!

by - 4/13/2014


I know there are many reviews of the famous Revlon Colorbrust Matte Balms, and I thought I'd do one myself because if you have read my previous blog posts you'd know how badly I wanted these. I know it's been in the market for ages but for some reason I never got around to buying them even though they have always been on my list. I didn't buy all the colours so this review might not be as interesting as others. The reason I didn't buy all the colours because I wouldn't use all of them and just buying them for the sake of this review would just be a waste of money. I only bought two, that I thought I'd use. I also wanted to give them a try with just two and if I like the formula and colour, I'd buy more.



Packaging: They come in very beautiful packaging. It's like a jumbo pencil except you don't need to sharpen it, you just need to spin the bottom to get the product out. It's very sleek. I like how the package is the same colour as the balm and not just a plain colour. You don't have to open the cap every time to find which colour it is. 



Colours: The two colours I got are Unapologetic, which is a bright coral and Showy, which is a bright pink with a purple undertone. Both of these colours are very bright and vibrant. They are very nice spring and summer colours. It's also pretty opaque after a few swatches. 


Formula: It has a very creamy formula. It is not drying at all for a matte product. I first thought it would be like a matte lipstick but it's more like a creamy balm. It smells like mint, which I don't mind. I really like lip product that smell nice. It is very moisturizing. I would say you need to apply a few swatches if you want it to be really opaque.

Longevity: This does not stay on your lips for too long. Even though its matte, it has a very creamy formula and that really wears off. It's good for 4-5 hours without eating/drinking but I still felt the need to touch up within that 4-5 hours. 



Unapologetic


 Showy

Pros: I love the colours. I love how it's very moisturizing  and does not dry out my lips. I love the minty smell.

Cons: I did notice it being a little chalky. I didn't get the right colour in one swatch, I had to apply couple of swatches to get the colour I want. It doesn't give even colour. What I mean by that is that I'll apply one layer and it will look like on one side the colour is opaque and the other side you can see my lips through it. I hope that made sense. It's also a bit pricey.

Overall: I do like this product, however I really think it's a bit over priced. It retails around $10-$11. I really think it's a bit too much for a balm, but that's just my personal opinion. I was really excited to get this product and even though I like it, I'm a little disappointed that I don't like it as much as I thought I would.

Repurchase: Yes I wouldn't mind repurchasing it if it were on sale but with it's original price I don't think I repurchase. I got the two colours I really wanted. I really wanted to try them out and if I loved them I would've gotten more but since I don't love it as much as I thought I would, I don't think I'd splurge on these.

Have you tried the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms? Which one is your favourite?

I hope this review was helpful. Thank you for reading lovelies!
post signature



Update May 2019: *Disclaimer - something happened to all my old blog posts that most of my pictures have been deleted, therefore the pictures used on this blog post are not my own.  Click the image for original source. For the sake of the posts I gathered the pictures from the internet since I no longer have these pictures (and products). I'm sorry if i'm referring to my old pictures and the review/post doesn't make sense. I'm sure you can find more info on the product/item on the website. If I'm using you're image and you'd like me to remove it, please let me know via email at lupabee@gmail.com . Thank you!

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. These shades are gorgeous! I love a matte lippie that does not dry out the lips.
    Great detailed review!

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). I like matte lippies that doesn't dry out my lips too!

      Delete
  2. Nice shades looks good on u habibi;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback!