Mother's Day Gift Ideas! (Very Affordable)

by - 3/25/2014



With Mother's Day just around the corner, I know most of you, like me, are searching for gift ideas for our precious mother. Even though Mother's Day, here in Canada isn't until May 11th, I know other countries celebrate it earlier, so I thought this would be a good time for this post. Every day should be a Mother's day, I really don't think we need one specific day from the year to let her know how much we love her. We should make our mothers feel loved and special everyday, because no one in the world can give us the unconditional love and support like our mother can. In Islam, we believe heaven lies under the feet of your Mother, so we should treat her well everyday. I normally don't do anything for Mother's Day or Father's Day just because it's not part of my culture or my religion but I been wanting to get my mum something for a while and since its Mother's Day around the corner I thought I'd just do whatever I want on that day. I'm also on a budget, so I can't really splurge as much as I want to.

Here I have gathered some really nice and cheap gift ideas that you can try if you are also on a budget.

Flowers & Cards



Flowers and cards are always a great gift. You can get a bouquet of flowers and a card under $25 from your local grocery store. This is probably the cheapest gift idea, I'm sure you can get them in less than $25. I'm sure mothers will love flowers and a thoughtful card. Write a sweet message in the card.

Scented Candles



Find out what is your mothers favorite scent and buy her some scented candles. You can find nice scented candles in the dollar store for $1-$3 but I`d recommend candles from the following stores, because they not only smell amazing but they also look every elegant: The Body Shop, Bath & Body WorksYankee Candle. Price range from $5-$25. (click on the store names to be directed to the websites)


Home Decor: Show Pieces, Wall Frames, Vases, Lamps




Our Mother`s are always trying to make our homes look beautiful adding wall frames, show pieces, vases, lamps and much more. So you can try to get her something for her home.

Check out these links:
Vases, bowls and artificial flowers from $1 and up
Frames from $2 and up
Table Lamps from $9 and up
Decorative Pillows from $9 and up
Wall art from $6 and up

Hand bags



This one might cost a little more than any of the above ideas but if you're looking to spend a little more, then this is also a great idea. This is what I'm thinking of getting my mother. I'll make a post later about what I got. Here are some hand bags that you can check out:

AldoSHOULDER BAGS & TOTES - Aldo has pretty reasonable priced hand bangs that look like some designer bags. You can find bags from $20 and up.
Call it SpringSHOULDER BAGS & TOTES - You can find bags here similar to Aldo for the same price range.
Bentley: HANDBAGS - You can find bags here for cheaper than the first two. Price from $10 and up.

Chocolate



A box of chocolate is always a sweet gift idea. Buy your mother her favorite box of chocolate. You can buy from your local grocery store, Walmart, or even from the Dollar Store. Price from $5 - $20.


Dinner



Make her a meal! It will be really sweet if you make your mother her favorite meal. If you don't know how to cook, you can always look up a receipe online or youtube.

Bake Something



Bake your mother her favourite cake! Check out this youtube channel for baking recepies: Cookies Cupcake & Cardio.


Be Crafty



Last but not least make something for your mother. Making something will be more special than buying something. I bet mothers love it when you make something on your own. It will be more meaningful to her. Make a card, paint a picture, do anything that you're good in. Check out DazzleDIY, a youtube channel for things you can make by yourself.

These were just simple easy and affordale gift ideas. We should celebrate Mother's Day, every chance we get and not just one day of the year. Nothing we do can ever compare to anything she does for us. I still hope this was helpful for those who are looking for some gift ideas. Good luck and treat your mother like the Queen she is, everyday.

Comment below and let me know what you're getting for your mother. I'd love to hear more gift ideas.

Once again I hope this was helpful and thank you for reading!


Update May 2019: *Disclaimer - something happened to all my old blog posts that most of my pictures have been deleted, therefore the pictures used on this blog post are not my own.  Click the image for original source. For the sake of the posts I gathered the pictures from the internet since I no longer have these pictures (and products). I'm sorry if i'm referring to my old pictures and the review/post doesn't make sense. I'm sure you can find more info on the product/item on the website. If I'm using you're image and you'd like me to remove it, please let me know via email at lupabee@gmail.com . Thank you!

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Thank you :) & sure I'll follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please help me find the the same shade as youniques taffeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mother’s day gifts ideas. Last week, it was my mom’s birthday and I had sent her flowers through popular florist providing San Francisco Flower Delivery services. They delivered beautiful flowers in time. Best part was that she really liked them very much.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback!