Nearly Nude | Nude Lipsticks

by - 7/06/2015



Hello my lovlies! So today I'm here with my nude collection. I love my nude lipsticks just as much as my bold reds and picks. In fact I probably have nude lipsticks 80% of the time. They are just great for everyday look or just to tone down a Smokey eye look. They just look fab with almost any kind of look you go for. So here's a list of 10 nude lipstick.

NYX Lipliner Pencil: Mauve

Formula: Matte and creamy, but can get a little dry if the lips are not moisturized.
Color: It's a beautiful muted pink shade. Key to creating  Kylie Jenner lip. 
Longevity: Lasts a long time, does not bleed, keeps your lipstick in place.
Over All: I love it! The only lip liners are from this NYX collection. I think they are the best drugstore lip liners and very affordable.
Price: $4.46 CND




NYX Lipliner Pencil: Peekaboo Neutral

Formula: Same formula as the previous one. Matte and creamy, but can get a little dry if the lips are not moisturized.
Color: Pink with a little coral undertone. Will work great for MLBB
Longevity: This is also long lasting, can go up to 7-8 hours without eating or drinking.
Over All: I love the colour and the formula, it's everything I need in a lip liner
Price: $4.46 CND

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm: Sultry

Click image to shop.

Formula:It has a very creamy formula. It is not drying at all for a matte product and glides on easily. I first thought it would be like a matte lipstick but it's more like a creamy balm. It smells like mint, which I don't mind. I really like lip product that smell nice. It is very moisturizing. It is also very opaque.
Color: This is also another lipstick/balm that can be used to create the Kylie Jenner lip, and who doesn't want that. Apart from that it is a pinkish-mauve with a bit of purple undertone. 
Longevity:This does not stay on your lips for too long. Even though its matte, it has a very creamy formula and that really wears off. It's good for 4-5 hours without eating/drinking but I still felt the need to touch up within that 4-5 hours.
Over All: I also love this because of the formula and colour, a little disappointed because of the lasting power.
Price: $8.96 CND

Rimmel London Kate Moss 104








Formula: It is a matte lipstick with a creamy finish and I love that about it because my lips are always dry so creamy-ness of the formula will really help my lips look moisturized. 
Colour: It is a beautiful natural pink colour. 
Longevity:  It stays put for 6-7 hours as well without eating or drinking. Of course if you touch up it will last longer.
Overall: This is a beautiful nude color. Works great with everyday makeup as well as with a smokey eye. It has a nice formula that is long lasting.
Price: $6.52 CND

Rimmel London: Just So

Click image to shop.


Formula: Creamy, matte formula. Very opaque and moisturizing while putting it on but can get a little drying through out the day.
Color: Pink with brownish undertone. Works perfect as a neutral lip color.
Longevity: 4-5 hours without eating or drinking. It doesn't last as long as I thought it would.
Over All: I would say its a good product but not the best. I love the pigmentation and color but it doesn't apply evenly and can get a little drying.
Price: $5.99 CND

Golden Rose 54

Formula: This has the exact same formula as Just so but it's not matte It's more of a satin finish. Very opaque and moisturizing while putting it on but can get a little drying through out the day.
Color: This is more of a coral-ish nude. I really like this because it's slightly different from the rest of my nudes. I'm planing on getting another in the same color but better quality. Transfers easily.
Longevity: This also isn't long lasting, a few hours maybe and it often bleeds
Over All: I would say it's an okay product.
Price: I actually don't remember how I got this product.

Maybelline: Stormy Sahara

Click image to shop.



Formula: Creamy, moisturizing, and applies smoothly.
Color: Peachy nude shade with great pigmentation.
Longevity: It lasts about 6-7 hours without eating or drinking but it does transfer easily.
Over All: I haven't actually used this product too much to say much about it but so far so good.
Price: $7.96 CND

Mac Cosmetics Twig





Formula: It is a satin finish. I love matte lipsticks but I also like satin finish because it is almost like matte finish but with a little bit of sheen and it is not as drying as some matte lipsticks are. Even though I do like my lips to look dry but not feel dry and the satin finish somewhat gives me that. It gives opaque coverage, which is something that I find really important. 
Color:  It is a very natural looking nude. It's a muted brownish pink color. It works as a MLBB. This is a great nude for women with tan/olive skin tone. If you are fair this will most likely look brown on you.
Longevity: It lasts about 7-8 hours without eating or drinking, but like every lipsticks you will need to touch up if you eat.
Overall: I'm really happy with this lipstick. I really love how opaque it is and the fact that it stays put for the whole day. 
Price: $20.00 CND

Mac Cosmetics Midimauve

Click image to shop.

Formula: Luster finish. Not very pigmented and feels very light on the lips.
Color: It's a rosy mauve with slight bit of gloss finish. A few years ago this was my everyday nude lipstick.
Longevity: 4-5 hours without eating or drinking. It doesn't have a strong lasting power.
Over All: I used to love this product and it is a great product for everyday look or when it's pair with a Smokey eye. I don't know why I don't like this product as much as before.
Price:  $20.00 CND

Mac Cosmetics Mehr

Click image to shop.


Formula: So I left the best for last. This my all time favorite and I can not rave about it enough. I will do a full detail review of this in an upcoming post. But it's a matte finish, and surprising very creamy for a matte lipstick. It is very opaque and glides on smoothly without any trouble.
Color: It's a dirty pink with blue undertone.
Longevity: Lasts up to 5+ hours without eating or drinking.
Over All: I don't want to go into details about this product too much because I will have a separate post on this lipstick alone and that should prove how much I love this lipstick.
Price: $20.00 CND

*Also, all these lipsticks work great on olive to medium skin tone. 


Hope you enjoyed this post. Comment below and let me know what your favorite nudes are.




Update May 2019: *Disclaimer - something happened to all my old blog posts that most of my pictures have been deleted, therefore the pictures used on this blog post are not my own.  Click the image for original source. For the sake of the posts I gathered the pictures from the internet since I no longer have these pictures (and products). I'm sorry if i'm referring to my old pictures and the review/post doesn't make sense. I'm sure you can find more info on the product/item on the website. If I'm using you're image and you'd like me to remove it, please let me know via email at lupabee@gmail.com . Thank you!

You May Also Like

0 comments

I would love your feedback!