Skin Care | Turmeric & Yogurt | Face Mask # 1 | DIY

by - 7/01/2015


Face masks are essential part of skincare routine. I won't lie, I didn't use face mask before as much as I do now. Only once in awhile if wanted to try a new product out I would use it, otherwise I didn't use it. The main reason I got my self into using it regularly now is because for the past couple of months I been having a lot of skin issues like acne, scaring and dry skin. I'm not one to go and start trying out over the counter products to solve the problem (even though I was very tempted to) because I didn't want to get a bad reaction. So I opted for homemade DIY face masks!

I'm going to be doing a series of face masks that I have been using. They are very easy and every simple and does wonders for your skin. But first let me tell you the benefits of these two ingredients.

FYI

Turmeric Benefits
  • It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help fight pimples, blackheads, whiteheads as well as reduces oil secretion by sebaceous glands
  • Can be used as an acne treatment to get rid of acne scars
  • Great for oily skin because it maintains the production of sebum
  • Effective in reducing wrinkles and fine lines, when mixed with other products 
  • Works great as a exfoliator and brightens your complexion 
Yogurt Benefits
  • Lightens and brightens your complexion, gets rid of small blemishes
  • Closes and tightens up large pores
  • Effective in treating acne
  • Effective in reducing wrinkles and fine lines
  • Restores oxygen and nourish the skin
Honestly the list can go on forever for both of these products... okay now lets finally get on with the mask. I'm sure you all already know what to do. You can use both of these ingredients and make two different kind of mask or combine it together. It's really up to you. They both will work great alone as well.  

Face Mask # 1 | Turmeric & Yogurt

Simply take 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric and 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt, mix it together and apply it evenly to your face. Avoid the eye area. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then wash your face with lukewarm water. You can do this once a week or twice a week for faster results but no more than twice a week.



Hope this was helpful,

Whats your favorite DIY mask? 






Update May 2019: *Disclaimer - something happened to all my old blog posts that most of my pictures have been deleted, therefore the pictures used on this blog post are not my own.  Click the image for original source. For the sake of the posts I gathered the pictures from the internet since I no longer have these pictures (and products). I'm sorry if i'm referring to my old pictures and the review/post doesn't make sense. I'm sure you can find more info on the product/item on the website. If I'm using you're image and you'd like me to remove it, please let me know via email at lupabee@gmail.com . Thank you!

You May Also Like

0 comments

I would love your feedback!