E.L.F. Acne Fighting Foundation | Review |

by - 4/28/2015






Product:  "This lightweight acne fighting foundation works to disguise redness, blemishes and uneven skin tone. The flawless coverage foundation formula is infused with acne fighting key ingredients Salicylic Acid, Witch Hazel, Camphor, Tea Tree and soothing Aloe, to help prevent and treat acne blemishes."


Can I just start by saying that this is the best drugstore foundation I have come across. I been using this for almost an year now. This product is actually my everyday go to foundation.

I heard great things about elf products so I went on a elf shopping spree a year ago and bought a whole bunch of their products to try it out. Because I wasn't sure which colour would go well with my skin tone I took a wild guess and ordered two in two different shades.  One in the shade "Sand" and one in the shade "Beige". Beige was the colour that went well with my skin. Sand was bit ashy looking.


Colour: The colour was a bit light but it matched really nicely with my skin. They didn't have a lot of colours to choose from, especially not a lot of dark colours. I'm a NC 42 in MAC but the "Beige" worked just fine on me. 



Coverage: My favourite quality of this product is the coverage. It has medium to full coverage. It covers the smallest to biggest spots and blemishes. It is 100% build-able which is another plus point. 

Longevity: This product lasts forever! I swear, I feel like the longer it stays on my face the better it sets. It does not cake. You do have to set it with a setting powder just like you set every foundation or else it will get a little oily towards the end of the day. 

Formula & Packaging: It is in a thick cream formula. It contains acne fighting ingredients such as Salicylic Acid, Witch Hazel, Camphor, Tea Tree and soothing Aloe, to help prevent and treat acne blemishes. However, I didn't notice much change when it came it to treating my acne and blemishes. I do often have breakouts and blemishes but I didn't find it fixing this problem. I'm sure it has for others since not everyone's skin is the same. When it comes to packaging, I think elf did a great job by making it in a squeeze tube design because this will prevent a lot of product from coming out at once. However, I think it will be hard to get the last products of it out since the bottle is really hard and is going to be hard to squeeze when there isn't a lot of product left. 



Price & Recommendation: You can't go wrong with this product, especially when it comes to the price. It's only $6 ! I know right ? That's amazing. I think I'd pay even $10-$15 for this product. I do recommend everyone who is looking for a cheap everyday use foundation, I promise you won't regret it. 


Update May 2019: *Disclaimer - something happened to all my old blog posts that most of my pictures have been deleted, therefore the pictures used on this blog post are not my own.  Click the image for original source. For the sake of the posts I gathered the pictures from the internet since I no longer have these pictures (and products). I'm sorry if i'm referring to my old pictures and the review/post doesn't make sense. I'm sure you can find more info on the product/item on the website. If I'm using you're image and you'd like me to remove it, please let me know via email at lupabee@gmail.com . Thank you!

You May Also Like

0 comments

I would love your feedback!