DIY Facial At Home | Skin Care Routine

by - 12/17/2015

 


We all know facials are expensive and sometimes just not worth it, because you can get a facial done and if you don't continue to take care of your skin everyday, you'll find yourself needing to go back for more facials, which can get pricey. Wouldn't it be so much easier if you could do your own facial at home without having to spend so much money and time and you will be able to do it as frequently as you need. I will be showing you step by step on how you can do a Facial at home with out spending any extra money. I will also include my skin care routine. You should not do facial everyday, only when you need it or every other week or even just once a month. It all depends on what kind of skin you have.




Step 1: Facial Exercise 
The first thing you want to do is warm up your face, so dirt and oil can easily come out. It is important to do this step because it will warm up all the muscles in your face and this will help to bring the dirt and oil to the surface and also observe the moister.
Warm ups :
  • move your head up and down slowly
  • roll your head side to side
  • do some head rolls
  • do some shoulder rolls
Facial Exercise
  • do 4-6 of ceiling kisses - you want to move your head back as if you're looking up but not completely and make the kissing face, basically kissing the ceiling 
  • fill air in your mouth and move the air from one cheek to another, do this for 10 seconds
  • take two fingers, pout your lips and take the two fingers and press the pouted lips, do 4-6 of these
  • take three fingers in each hand and place it under your eyebrows and hold for 3 seconds and release
  • do the same thing again but this time don't release it, instead drag your finger towards your forehead into your hair line, do this 2 times.


Step 2: Cleansing
The next thing you want to do is cleans your skin. I use the Purity by Philosophy as my cleanser. This is my every day cleanser. I don't find this product doing anything great for my skin for the price, but it also doesn't do any harm which is why I like. You can use any cleanser you want, you don't have to use this cleanser. You can use the cleanser you already use. 
  • take a generous amount of the product and apply it evenly on your face 
  • gently rub the cleanser all over your face for 3-4 minutes
  • once you're done take a muslin cloth and run it under warm water 
  • then taking the muslin cloth wipe away the cleanser
I forgot to attach a picture of my muslin cloth, but you can use any face cloth and it will be fine. If you would like to purchase muslin cloth, The Body Shop has it.



Step 3: Exfoliate
The next thing you want to do is exfoliate. I use the Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub. I normally use this with my clarisonic but you don't need to. You can use any exfoliator, preferably the ones with micro beads. Exfoliating will help remove all dead skin. I use this scrub occasionally when I'm too lazy to do a whole facial.
  • apply a generous amount all over your face evenly.
  • rub the product for 3-4 minutes
  • take the muslin cloth/face cloth and wipe away the scrub


Step 4: Massaging
This is the fun part, where you get to massage your face. I use the Camomile  Sumptuous Cleansing Butter from The Body Shop. You need a slip on your face to be able to massage. You can use any types of oil (coconut oil is great).
  • take the cleansing butter on your fingers in both hand and start massaging the neck in circular motion, do about 4-6 of these 
  • massage down the neck, draining the fluid towards your chest, do this 4-6 times
  • take more cleansing butter on your fingers and make big circles on both of the cheeks in upward and outward motion, do 4-6 of these
  • do the same thing again but this time make smaller circles on both the cheeks, again in upward and outward motion 
  • take your knuckles and place below your cheek bones and slide it towards your ear, do this 4-6 times on both cheeks
  • take more cleansing butter, take your opposite thumb to your opposite jaw and make small circles starting from the chin area going towards the jawline into your ear, do 3 of these
  • do the same thing for the other side of your face
  • take your knuckles and start from your chin and push it towards your ears, do this 6 times
  • take both of your index finger and place it in the inner corner of your eyes and drag down your mouth, do 3-4 of these
  • take both of your hands and drag them starting in the center, going towards your ear
  • take your index finger and drag it outwards from the center of your eyebrow, do this 6 times
  • lastly make small circles on your forehead going outwards to the hair line, do this 6 times 
Doing this massage will help drain out all the dirt and toxin from your skin



Step 5: Face Mask
We have to bring the moisture back. Use any kind of mask, preferably something not too harsh. I use the Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Mask from The Body Shop. This mask really helps bring back the moisture and makes my skin soft. 
  • apply even amount of your mask
  • leave it on for 10-15 minutes
  • relax
  • after 10-15 minutes take the muslin cloth and take off the mask






Step 6: Toner
The next thing you want to do is tone your face. This will get rid of anything you missed while wiping your face with the muslin cloth.  The toner I use is the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner from The Body Shop. I love this product because it has tea tree. You can use whichever toner you have.
  • take a cotton pad and pour the toner on it
  • apply it all over your face




This is optional but it's part of my skin care routine. Sometimes I like to use Witch Hazel instead of the toner. I do this only when my skin is in a bad condition. Witch hazel helps to heal my acne wounds. 



Step 7: Moisturize
The last step is to moisturize your face. I'm currently using Pond's Moisturizer for dry skin. This smells amazing and keeps my face moisturized all day long.



This is also optional but it is part of my skin care routine so I am adding it. This is virgin coconut oil. I know most people don't like to use oil on their face and trust me I was one of those people but this stuff is really good. Sometimes I use this a moisturizer.

I hope this is helpful to you so you don't need to spend so much money on facials. Comment below and let me know what your favourite skin care product is.

Thank you for reading!

.L

You May Also Like

0 comments

I would love your feedback!