How to get rid of dry lips: DIY

by - 3/14/2014


The biggest struggle for me this winter was keeping my lips moist and preventing them from chapping. I normally have dry lips all year around but winter makes it worse. Applying Vaseline works but I noticed my Vaseline drys out and then my lips are all flakey. No matter what I do, it goes back to being dry and I constantly find myself peeling the dead skin of my lips. Gross & painful  I know! Clearly this is a issue for me, so I've looking around and trying different things to see what actually works for me and I found a way to fix my dry lips problem. It's a classic way of curing your dry lips but I wanted to share this anyways with anyone who might be having the same problem as me. Before I get started, I just want to say this worked for me and it might not necessarily work for everyone. 

What you will need
Tooth brush -to exfoliate 

Sugar- the texture of the sugar will help remove dead skin. 

Olive oil- prevent your lips from drying while you're exfoliating them. 

Vaseline- to moisturize your lips.


1. Wet your lips with a damped cloth that has been soaked under lukewarm water and then squeezed. 

2. Mix the olive oil and the sugar. 

3. Using your tooth brush apply it in a circular motion, rubbing the dead skin off very gently. 

4. When your done removing all the dead skin rinse everything with lukewarm water. 

5. Pat your lips completely dry and immediately put a good amount of Vaseline. 

6. Use a lip balm/chapsticks/lip moisturizer through out the day, everyday.

Do this every other day for two weeks and if it doesn't work, try another method. 

If your lips are really dry do this method before applying lipstick. It will really make you lips look fuller and healthier. 

This was just a way to get rid of dry skin on your lips. You want to make sure you prevent your lips from drying in the first place. Here are some things you can do:


  
Drink plenty of water to keep your lips hydrated.   

   
                                             

    Eat lots of vegetables. 

Use a lip balm before going to bed.

                                                    
      Don't lick your lips, it will dry your lips out even more.   

                                          I don't own any images in this posts. Click on the image for it's original source.


 I hope this was helpful, if you have any questions, please leave them below in the comment section. Thank you for reading!




Update May 2019: *Disclaimer - something happened to all my old blog posts that most of my pictures have been deleted therefore the pictures used on this blog post are not my own. 

You May Also Like

0 comments

I would love your feedback!