Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick Review

by - 3/15/2014



If you've read my beautyjoint haul post, you'll know that I ordered some Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks. I gave one (Just Peachy) to my friend and now I have six. I been trying them out lately and I think it's time to do a review on them.

If you been reading my blog, you already know how obsessed I am with matte lipsticks. Wet n Wild Megalast lipstick collection has a lot of nice colours and a lot of them are said to be dupes of some MAC lipsticks. I went ahead and randomly ordered these colours that I felt I would like.

Pros: They are very creamy, except for two(which I will talk about in the cons section). They glide on very easily. Great colour pay off. It is such a creamy formula that it almost feels like MACs luster finish. It so moisturizing that when I was taking pictures taking one colour off and putting another on, it didn't dry my lips at all. It does dry to a matte finish after. I loved all of them I ordered except of the two that I'm going to talk about in the cons section. 


Cons: Right of the bat I didn't like Pinkerbell and 24 Carrot Gold, because they were way to light for my skin tone. After applying it I did not like anything about them. They both were very cakey, very milky, very drying and the colour also didn't look good on me. If I'm talking about all the lipsticks together, I did notice that after a few hours, all of them bled. It also got on my teeth, so you have to be really careful while wearing these lipsticks. I wasn't disappointed at all because obviously you can't expect them to be like your high end lipstick quality, when they only cost $1.49 USD. 

*Edited* I don't know how I forgot to add this when I originally made this post, because this was the one thing I didn't like the most about these lipsticks and that is the reason I wouldn't re-purchase. It is their packaging. I'm a sucker for good packaging and they literally have the worst packaging. Normally when you spin the bottom of the lipstick the tube goes up and down, and goes all the way down to the point where you can't see it but for these lipsticks they don't go all the way down. So when you're putting on the cap the lipstick is always getting on the cap. You have to basically put the cap on in slow motion and ain't nobody got time for that!

As you can see how the tube doesn't go all the way down and the lipstick always gets on the cap while you're putting it back on.

Overall, for the price I think these are just amazing matte lipsticks, just be a little careful while wearing them. Matte lipsticks are usually expensive so if you can get your hands on these then you can save a few bucks. I would also suggest these lipsticks for beginners, people who are just getting into makeup.

Re-purchase: Maybe not, I do have six already and i'm not a fan of their packaging, maybe if the re-package.

Have you tried any of these lipsticks? Which ones are your favourite?

I hope this was helpful, if you have any questions, please leave them below in the comment section. As always, thank you for reading!




Update May 2019: *Disclaimer - something happened to all my old blog posts that most of my pictures have been deleted, therefore the pictures used on this blog post are not my own.  Click the image for original source.

You May Also Like

2 comments

I would love your feedback!