Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation SPF 18 Review!

by - 3/10/2014



I'm always on the hunt for a good drugstore foundation because I want to move away from using my high end foundation everyday. I think it's good to have a combination of both, high end and drugstore foundation, so when you only need to wear it for a few hours, you can use your drugstore foundation and you're not wasting your expensive products. While I was placing my Beautyjoint order, I randomly selected the Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation SPF 18, just to give it a try. I didn't really check or read reviews about it before ordering it, like I normally do. I even selected the color with out looking at swatches from reviews. After placing the order, I did look around to see what other people had to say about this, at this point it would've been too late even if I decided to not get it. After reading and watching some reviews on youtube, I was disappointed that I didn't read around before placing the order because everyone said, they don't recommend this for oily skin and I have really oily skin. After receiving it, I gave it a try and this was my experience...

Before I get started, I just want to say, this is how this product worked on me, It might have worked differently on other people.


What it is: It's a full coverage foundation, that is buildable. It has a very runny consistency. Gives a luminous finish. Lasts all day, and has SPF 18.

What it promises: "Traceless coverage foundation with Advanced Smart-Tone technology for perfectly flawless skin under any light. Enhanced with Sapphire Radiance for illuminating glow. Lasts all day. UVA/UVB protection."

Does it work: Now thats quite a promise for the price tag of $7.99 ! Question is does it really work? Absolutely! I was really afraid it would make me super oily so after applying I did use my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural to set the foundation and it worked just fine. It lasted through the whole day, I didn't have to touch up. I got it in the colour 130 True Ivory, which seems like a very light colour for my skin tone, but after applying, it wasn't that light. It did match with my skin tone, however, if I purchase this again I will get one shade darker for sure because I do like my foundation with a yellow undertone and this had more of a white under tone. I love the fact that it has SPF 18, I wont need to worry about applying sunscreen and it smells amazing!

Packaging: I like the packaging. It's in a glass bottle, which looks pretty expensive. I know some have the pump, but the one I got didn't, so i'm a little disappointed, but over all the packaging is still nice for the price.

Overall: I'm really impressed with this foundation. For the price, I think it gives great coverage and can be worn for a long time. For those with oily or combination skin type, you must use a setting powder, or else you will get oily. I think, for now I have found my favourite drugstore foundation. I will most likely look for another one that would be better with my oily skin but for now, I think this is fine. I'd give this a 4/5 .

Re-purchase: Yes! I wouldn't mind re-purchasing this. I think it's perfect for the price and it gives everything that I need unless I find another drugstore foundation that works better for me.

That was all for now, I hope this was helpful. Thank you for reading!

What is your favourite drugstore foundation?

post signature

You May Also Like

0 comments

I would love your feedback!