Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR Review!

by - 3/06/2014

Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR Review!


(click here for image source)

With out a doubt I had very low expectation for any Sephora Collection products but I was really surprised after I made some purchase from the Sephora Collection. I always avoided buying anything from their collection because I thought they would be like drugstore products with a high price tag than drugstore products. One day however, I was desperate for a face primer and didn't really know which one to get, as I walked over the Sephora Collection section, I randomly picked up the Sephora Collection Anti-Shine Foundation Primer and thank god that I did because that is like my holy grail primer right now and this was how Sephora Collection won my heart and I fell  in love with their collection. After buying the primer I wanted to try more of their products so I purchased their crayon jumbo eyeliner and lipsticks, which is also my holy grail and I'll talk about the lipsticks in a future post but for now I'll talk about their crayon jumbo eyeliner and how impressed I am. I picked out three that I felt I would use the most: 13 Marine, 08 Gold, and 21 Pink Glitter.


What It Is

It comes in selection of colors from bold black to shimmers and can be used as thin eyeliner, bold smudged look, or even blended out as eyeshadow. It is waterproof and long lasting up to 12 hours. Doesn't melt due to heat, has a creamy, high pigmented formula and is supposed to give a rich pigmented matte or shimmery finish.





Pros: It's very pigmented. It can be used as a eyeshadow. 13 Marine is very good for smokey eyes. I didn't wear it for 12 hours but it was long lasting. The colour didn't wear off. 08 Gold can be used as a base for eyeshadow and it will really make the shadows pop. 

Cons: The price! It retails for $17.00. For jumbo eyeliners I found the price to be a little high. Alternative to this would be the NYX Jumbo eyeliner pencil. Another problem I had  is the glitter, I'm not really a glitter fan but I'm sure others might like that. From the three I bought, 21 Pink Glitter seemed to have the most glitter. 

Overall: I love this product and I'm so glad I bought it. Especially these three colours. The Gold is great for everyday use, if you don't want to carry a palette, take this jumbo pencil and a brush and your good to go. Marine is great for smokey eyes. I always do my smokey eyes with a blue and this colour added with some black eyeshadow or even bended black eyeliner gives the perfect smokey eyes. The 21 Pink Glitter is very light with lots of glitter to it, so this one is my least favourite out of the three and I don't think I'll use it much but again this would be a great base, since it is such a light colour you can put on any other colour eyeshadow and it will make the colour more pigmented. 

Will I purchase more of these? I'm not sure, It is a bit pricey for me and I have found cheaper alternatives. Maybe if they drop the price down I might go back to them but for now I'll stick to what I have. For those who don't mind spending $17.00 for a jumbo pencil, I'd recommend going for this! 

Have you tried these? What do you think? What are your favourite jumbo pencil?


*Disclaimer: something happened to all my old blog posts that most of my pictures have been deleted therefore the pictures used on this blog post are not my own. 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I haven't tried too many of Sephora's products. I haven't been super impressed with the few I have tried. These eyeliners look awesome though. I especially love the gold one! Great review!
    kellyhallman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I didnt think i'd like it at first. You should try their lipsticks the "colour lip last" its one of the best lipstick I have. & thank you

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback!