UMRAH: MADINA - THE CITY THAT WILL ALWAYS HAVE A PIECE OF MY HEART

by - 1/19/2021



Today’s vlog is from my umrah trip in January 2019.  For many years I’ve wanted to go do umrah but for many reasons it never happened. But Allah surely accepts all your khair duas and I got to experience this beautiful journey (please watch the vlog below and this post will make more sense).



This was probably the highlight of my life and my biggest achievement. I am so grateful to have visited the holy city. I honestly left a piece of my heart in Madina. 


I didn’t vlog as much as I originally thought I would and Im happy that I didn’t because that would have distracted me from why I was there. I am still very happy about whatever footage I have. I kept most of the footage as raw just because I would like to remember as it was without many cuts. Which is also why I’m going to have 2 vlogs, one of Madinah and one of Makkah. So look out for the next one very soon.


As you can see we started our Umrah journey in Madinah.  We were there for a few days and then we headed to Makkah for our Umrah. 





I cannot express in words what this entire experience was like. I pray everyone gets to experience this journey. I hope you enjoy these vlogs. I know so many people have planned on going but had to cancel because of the current situation in the world. I pray everyone who made the intention to go, gets the chance to go InnshaAllah.





On day 2 of Madinah after fajr salah we head to see Mount Uhud. It is located in Northern Madina. This is where the battle of Uhud took place. The prophet (PBUH) loved this mountain and would declare his love by saying: "Uhud is a mountain which loves us and which we love.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]”


I’m not a morning person and never experienced a sun rise so this was my first time watching the sunrise and it was one of the most beautiful sight.






We then headed to Masjid al-Quba. It is located just out side of Madina. It is the first ever Masjid that was built and is the oldest Masjid in Saudi Arabia. The first stones of the masjid was placed my Prophet Mohammed and was completed by his companions. 


Sahl ibn Hunayf reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever purifies himself in his house, then comes to the mosque of Quba and prays in it, he will have a reward like the Umrah pilgrimage.”

Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 1412


After we prayed two rakah nafl, we headed back to our hotel to get ready for duhr salah. 


I felt so safe in Madina. I was by myself for the most part. I loved walking around the haram and finding different places to pray every time. I didn’t feel comfortable having my phone out and recording people or things like a tourist because I didn’t want to offend anyone.  But now looking back at these videos I’m so happy because I’m reminded of all these memories.


On day four in Madina, I met up with one of my friend who was living there at the time. It was so nice to see her there. I think seeing similar faces in foreign countries is always exciting. My friend showed me around, gave me a tour, took me to shops. We also went to the Quran Museum. They had so many beautiful Qurans displayed in so many different scripts and fonts. It was overall just a beautiful experience. 


Day five was our last day and we headed for Umrah right after duhr salah. I took one last walk around the haram before coming back to the hotel and getting ready for Makkah. 


We then headed to Makkah in the state of Ihram. Madina is by far my favourite city in the world and I can’t wait to go back one day InnshaAllah. 


Stay tuned for the Makkah vlog coming soon! 


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi! thanks for sharing this helpful information with us. You are doing wonderful keep it up. Please visit Powderbrowsbyclaudia here for Ombre powder brows near me

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback!